Base Metal Clay – Intermediate Classes – Level 2
At this level we will have various classes where we learn and practise more elaborate techniques.
This is a two day class due to the long firing schedules.
Classes will feature one or more new skills relating to your chosen pieces. Here are some of the skills you will be learning:
- Construction of specific shapes and decoration of rings
- Stone setting
- How to prepare and polish your pieces to a “high polished mirror finish”
- Carving designs in dry clay using various tools and techniques
- Creating seamless beads in various shapes
- Setting more complex findings on pre-dried and dried clay
- Riveting two pieces of different metal clays
- Use of paper clay
- Use of syringe to create a design.
To book a class please contact the Studio. Thank you.